Saturday, March 5, 2016

Kind Encouragement: Priceless!

Today ended my first week back at school as my foot recovery continues.  I did half days and reconnected with my elementary kiddos!  It was so good to see every single one of them during the week as I visited each classroom for a counseling lesson.  I also had some referrals and started 3 small groups and signed up 3 kids for individual counseling.  It is great to be needed!  AND the kids have been so concerned about how I am doing:  "How is your foot Mrs. K?", "Do you need help Mrs. K?" and on  and on.  One of my 3rd grade girls has been filling my water bottle each morning.....she reports to me like it is her job!  How kind is that!?  

And MANY cards from the kids.  What a thoughtful gesture on their part....taking the time to create a card to give me.  
Today one second grade girl brought in the card she was working on Wednesday when I went to her classroom.  She told me she wasn't finished yet when I wrapped up the lesson and was ready to leave and I told her she could just bring it down when she was finished.  So, today, she came in and dropped it off as I was visiting with someone in my office, placed it on my table quietly without interrupting and then turned around and walked out.  When I finished my conversation, I started putting away the items on my table that I had used with a small group.  I noticed the card with the colorful carefully designed front.  I picked it up quickly to read it.  Wow!  My heart was touched!  I just have to share this "keeper" as I call them...the ones that will forever be in my "stash" of cards, notes and other encouragements I have received.




This is why I do what I do....it's all about the kids!  Love them to pieces!