I remember being a kid and all the excitement I felt about school starting. We would go shopping for new school supplies and an new outfit for the first day of school. Mom would always take our picture as my siblings and I stood there together holding our school bags with our "stuff". We couldn't wait to get to school and meet our new teacher and find out who was in our class and if we were lucky enough to have a friend next to our desk.
Some things don't change. As an educator, I still get to experience the thrill of the new school year starting. I get to take the pictures of my kids on the first day and even be a part of that picture! (Maybe this year we will take "selfies".) Even though I have a list of what I love about the school year starting, I do have a little sadness to see summer end. So.....I'm going to focus on what I LOVE about school starting. Here is my list:
1. Seeing the kids return! (My goodness how they change over summer!)
2. The shiny floors in the halls at school.
3. New shoes and a new outfit to start the year!
4. New markers!
5. Seeing my teacher friends and sharing the excitement of the first day with them.
6. Helping the kindergarten mom's say good-bye to their kids and reassuring them that they are in good hands at school.
These are the things I love. Oh, I could go on and on but I won't because it is time to call it a day and go home and spend the last night of summer with my family.
One of my teacher "peeps" shared this with us today and I thought it was worth sharing on my blog. I love this kid! Hope you enjoy and hope you all have a great school year!