Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Spoonful of Sweetness Book Blog Tour!



I feel so special today because I have been asked to share a NEW BOOK!!!!
I tend to be a book-aholic and L.O.V.E. it when I find a new one to read.  Author Maria Dismondy has shared her latest book which is out this week.  Spoonful of Sweetness and other delicious manners is a great little board book with a big message to share with the little kiddos.  Besides all of our fussing over little ones, reading books to them is a MUST.  Well, Maria has come up with a real winner once again.
She has chosen 6 words, very important words I might add, that get those who hear this book read to them used to some important character words.  In my opinion, people who show manners are also exhibiting good character.  The words she chose to focus on are:
Kindness
Friendship
Responsibility
Empathy
Respect
Courage
I'm not sure which is my favorite because they are all so important.   Maria gives a simple example for each one of these words....things that we want to see our little ones do.
Holding this book in my hands brought me back to the days when I would sit and read little board books to my girls.  That has been 18 years ago.....and the amazing thing is these words are still important for my oldest daughter as she prepares to leave for college!  So, I couldn't help but sit my girls down (too big for my lap) and share the book with them.
What is the best thing to give new babies?  A book of course.  What a great way to encourage literacy and with this one start them on the road to "delicious manners".

If you would like a chance to win a copy Maria's new book, just leave a comment.  I will contact a winner on Monday, January 20 and Maria will send you an autographed copy!

Be sure to check out this book and other awesome books by Maria at her website,  http://www.mariadismondy.com/

Some additional Maria Info:
Maria Dismondy is a #1best-selling children's book author, former teacher, and highly sought-after speaker. Spoonful of Sweetness is her 5th children's book.
Maria has a passion for spreading an anti-bullying message and making a difference in her writing, public speaking, blogging and charity work. She lives in southeastern Michigan with her husband and children.