Monday, January 20, 2014

Martin Luther King Day

Serve.
One simple word.
Anyone can do this.

 
“Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968);
minister, civil rights activist

I find that when I serve others I get this total feeling in me that makes me feel very good.  Sometimes I wonder if we think that serving others means a lot of extra time, energy and effort on our part.  But it doesn't have to.  I have found that it is little things.  Just being thoughtful and seeing what others need and seeing how I can help meet that need.  It might be a smile. A listening ear.  Empathizing with them.  Sharing a meal or giving them a ride. Taking care of someone's child for them.  Scooping a sidewalk or just lending a hand.
There are so many role models who have gone on before us that we can learn from MLK is one of them.  
Martin Luther King did so much that we can learn from.  One word descriptions that I hope make us think about how we live our lives and what are we doing to make a difference.
I found a place where there are numerous quotes of MLK's.  They are all headed by one word.  They inspire me.  They make me think and they challenge me.  Please check them out by clicking here.  I hope you will be inspired too.