Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kindness Challenge

Remembering 9/11

The 9/11 Memorial in New York City.

As a way to honor those who lost their lives or were effected by 9/11, I challenge you to take part in the Kindness Challenge.  I found out about this through my Counselor buddy Barbara over at the Corner on Character.  I truly can't imagine anything that could be more rewarding for yourself and those you choose to do random kindnesses for.  Kindness seems to have a ripple effect.  When someone shares a kind deed or act to you or on your behalf it just fills you up with so much "good" that you can't help but pass that on to others.  
I think my favorite things to do are:
*leaving a chocolate for someone!
*mowing someone's lawn
*leaving some flowers on someone's desk
*surprising a busy family with a meal
*leaving a note of appreciation for someone
*taking treats to your place of employment or to a service provider ( e.g. mail carriers)
So check out the site and join the 21-day Kindness Challenge.  See what a difference we can make.