Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

Gratitude
Hmmm,  what are you grateful for?  This is the question the 2nd graders pondered today as we discussed our Auto B Good lesson we started last week.  Today we worked in groups to come up with a classroom Top 5 list of what we are grateful for.
First, we talked about what the word grateful means:
it means being thankful for something.
We also talked about what gratitude means:
showing what we are thankful for.
Examples:
I am grateful for my students and being able to teach them.
I show my gratitude by thanking them for letting me teach them and share character information with them.

That being the basis of our lesson, here is what the 2nd graders came up with for the 
 TOP 5 LIST OF WHAT 2nd GRADE IS GRATEFUL FOR:
1. Family
2. Food
3. School/Education
4.Friends
5. Homes
Other things that made the top lists of each class included:
clothing, pets, glasses and cars
What would we do without these items?
What could we live without and what could we not live without?
I think they did a great job!
So....what are you grateful for?
Do you have an attitude of gratitude?