Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life is like Coffee

Some days you just have to laugh!  So many things can happen during the course of a day and you have the CHOICE.  You get to decide how it affects you---are you going to let it ruin your day or not?  I visited with a few students and parents at conferences about this exact concept.  I like to use "visuals" so I ask the kiddo's who is running their remote control?  You see, no one can MAKE you do anything, other people are not in charge of your feelings and actions.  You might be thinking, "Oh, my mom and dad can make me clean my room!"   No, they can suggest it, order you to do it, threaten to take away privileges, hire someone to do it and give you the bill.  BUT if you clean it yourself, YOU CHOSE to do clean it.  The consequences of not doing it might have been a big factor in that decision but you did make the choice.  Some things we don't have a choice in----like when my car was sliding on the ice and I took out 2 or 3 reflector posts in a parking lot today.  (I guess even cars can have a mind of their own.)  

I thought it was interesting when I received this little video clip today.  It really put things in perspective and makes you think.  I hope you enjoy it.  (Click on the words below the picture.)